Sam: 2
Nimitzbrood: 1
Went and patched the fuel lines with fuel injection host and it sealed but then sprung a leak further down.
Such is life. I have added steel fuel line to my E-Bay watch list. Fortunately I now have my own tubing flare kit so I can take advantage of the fact that this stuff comes in rolls and I can just either re-use the existing nuts or buy new replacement ones. That means I pretty much can now replace all the steel lines on the truck for anywhere from $50 (1 roll of 1/4 and 1 roll of 5/16) to $100 (previous rolls x2) total.
Want to get her all done before winter.
Nimitzbrood: 1
Went and patched the fuel lines with fuel injection host and it sealed but then sprung a leak further down.
Such is life. I have added steel fuel line to my E-Bay watch list. Fortunately I now have my own tubing flare kit so I can take advantage of the fact that this stuff comes in rolls and I can just either re-use the existing nuts or buy new replacement ones. That means I pretty much can now replace all the steel lines on the truck for anywhere from $50 (1 roll of 1/4 and 1 roll of 5/16) to $100 (previous rolls x2) total.
Want to get her all done before winter.
Tags:
From:
no subject
We're currently contemplating what to do with the BHV, which has both transmission problems and a badly-leaking windshield. We only need it once or twice a year, but when we need it there's no good alternative -- it holds twice as much as my minivan, which is our usual con-going vehicle.
I believe the current plan is to buy a replacement reman transmission, and put a fix on the windshield frame that will hold for maybe a year or two, and see if by then we can come up with enough money to buy a replacement. But for the event next weekend Russ is going to have to run up to Dallas to borrow a large van from Scott -- there's no way we can get ours in running shape by then.
From:
no subject
I did manage to inexpensively repair Dorothy's coolant leak though. The metal suspension Bars Leak stuff works wonders. I'd forgotten about it for years until just recently. Not the best long term but hey it's inexpensive and it keeps her running so I'm all for it right now.
BHV - the windshield I agree on. As well as the reman trans. I've owned a number of vehicles over the years and all of them for long periods of time unless something else (usually accidents) killed them. I think when people ask, I sum it up as "don't sweat the small stuff". If it's leaking slowly, then just refill it. If it's broken, replace it.
I do know that if I ever win the lottery then the remaining vehicles will get rebuilt to better than original specs. They've been loyal so they deserve it.